Prahlad & Bindu Pant Scholarship Award
Awarded on the basis of student’s financial needs
Nepalese Association in Southeast America (NASeA)
- An annual $2,000 (Two Thousand US Dollars) scholarship award has been established by Dr. Prahlad and Bindu Pant. This award is managed and coordinated by Nepalese Association in Southeast America (NASeA).
- This scholarship is awarded annually to one student on the basis of the financial needs of the student and not on the basis of merit.
- The scholarship award is open to any student of Nepali origin (one or both parents from Nepal) residing in the United States, who is a US high school graduate and has been admitted as a full-time student to a US college or university.
- The selection process involves completing the application form together with all the documents (listed in no. 15 in page 3 of this application form) and the verification of the total annual income of the student and/or the student’s parents.
- NASeA Academic and Professional committee will make the selection on the basis of the financial needs of the applicant, and its decision will be final.
- Application forms are due by the second Saturday of every August. For this year, the application deadline is Saturday, August 9, 2014. Please complete the application form in the next page and submit documents mentioned in no. 15 of page 3 and send it to Academic and Professional Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 9, 2014.
- The decision on the winner and a runner-up of the award is made by the fourth Saturday of every August. For 2014, the selection is made by Saturday, August 23, 2014 or at the earliest possible date thereafter.
- The award is given out to the winner at the NASeA ANMA Convention in Denver, Colorado during the cultural program. The student must be present at the convention to receive the award. Visit convention website www.jointconvention.org for more information about the convention. If the winner fails to show up at the convention, the award will be given to the runner-up if he/she is present.
- For questions or information, please contact email@example.com.
Application deadline August 9, 2014